As people continue to navigate the changing dynamics of travel and getting back on the road, Hilton remains optimistic and committed to providing flexibility to its more than 118 million Hilton Honors members worldwide. Again leading the hospitality industry, Hilton Honors announced that its members can expect to retain their Points and elite status for an extended period of time and earn status more easily in 2022.
Hilton Honors, the guest loyalty program of Hilton’s world-class portfolio of 18 brands, has implemented the following global benefit changes to help members maintain or achieve elite status, even as travel remains limited in some parts of the world. The changes announced today include:
- Extending status through March 31, 2023, so members can maintain their status perks and benefits longer.
- Pausing Points expiration until Dec. 31, 2022, so members have more time to use their Points towards free nights at more than 6,600 Hilton hotels, exclusive Hilton Honors Experiences, live events, charitable donations and more.
- Relaxing 2022 qualifications around earning Status, Milestone Bonuses, and Status Gifting from 2019 requirements to make these benefits easier to achieve. In 2022, Hilton Honors members will earn the following:
- Status Tier Requirements
- Silver status at seven nights, three stays or 17,500 Base Points.
- Gold status at 28 nights, 14 stays or 52,500 Base Points.
- Diamond status at 42 nights, 21 stays or 84,000 Base Points.
- Milestone Bonuses
- 10,000 Bonus Points at 30 nights.
- 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10 additional nights (after 30 nights).
- One-time 30,000 Bonus Points at 60 nights.
- Elite Status Gifting
- A one-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member at 40 nights, which can be upgraded to Diamond status at 70 nights.
- Status Tier Requirements
- Extending Rollover Nights for members of every status level, so all completed 2021 nights automatically roll over and count toward 2022 tier qualifications.
- Continuing flexibility of certain benefits for U.S. Hilton Honors American Express Card Members through Dec. 31, 2022.
- Free Weekend Night Certificates, including those issued in 2022 can continue to be used any night of the week (not just on weekends).
- Hilton Honors Bonus Points earned from eligible purchases on any Hilton Honors American Express Card will continue to count as Base Points toward Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond status through Dec. 31, 2022.
“As we get back to a new season of travel together, we want our loyal guests to know that we made these program changes with them top-of-mind,” said Jenn Chick, vice president and global head, Hilton Honors & Customer Engagement, Hilton. “We are proud to lead the hospitality industry in providing flexibility, once again, to our valued Hilton Honors members to help them make new memories when they’re ready to travel again.”
To enhance the guest experience, Hilton Honors has steadily implemented global program adjustments throughout the length of the pandemic and offered members peace of mind through innovative offerings like contactless arrival through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app and Confirmed Connecting Rooms by Hilton. Once members are ready to take their next vacation or that next business trip, they can travel confidently knowing their Hilton Honors Points and status will be waiting for them.
For the latest information on Hilton Honors program adjustments, reservations, travel safety and more, visit covid.hilton.com/#honors. To elevate the Hilton Honors experience and take advantage of the enhanced co-brand credit card benefits, apply for a Hilton Honors American Express Card or Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card. To join Hilton Honors, enroll for free at HiltonHonors.com.