Today, Hilton announced the signing of and has broken ground on the dual-branded Canopy by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown The Gulch, in partnership with Tara Investments. The 11-story property, which will mark Hilton’s first lifestyle hotel in Nashville, is slated for completion in 2024. The development will showcase the city’s first Canopy by Hilton, Hilton’s vibrant, boutique lifestyle hotel brand that provides an authentically local experience.
“We are thrilled to introduce the Canopy brand to Nashville as part of this fantastic dual-branded concept with Homewood Suites. It’s the perfect location for guests to enjoy our sophisticated, comfortable spaces while exploring the surrounding local neighborhood, which includes everything from energetic, live music venues to trendy shopping outlets,” said Phil Cordell, global brand head, Canopy by Hilton and category head, Hilton Lifestyle Brands. “The hotel’s post-industrial design will serve as a natural extension of the community, connecting guests to The Gulch while enabling them to easily experience the sights and sounds of Music City.”
The property at 910 Division Street will be shared by the 181-room Canopy hotel and the 152-suite Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel, and both properties will be pet-friendly. It will feature a 1,785-square-foot shared fitness center accessible by both hotels’ guests with key access. Each hotel will have its own flexible meeting and event space, with 1,607 square feet at Canopy, and 795 square feet at Homewood Suites. The dual-branded hotel, which is the first of its kind in The Gulch neighborhood, was designed by architectural firm ODA with interior design by Campbell House. Development is led by Tara Investments with financing partner Goldman Sachs. Construction is led by Yates Construction.
“We look forward to guests experiencing this upcoming addition to the Canopy by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton portfolio, providing travelers with a wonderful lifestyle and all suites option right in the heart of the vibrant Gulch area,” said Rick Colling, global brand head, Homewood Suites by Hilton. “This upscale extended-stay product will have a little something for everyone – including spacious accommodations, inviting homelike amenities and elevated food and beverage options.”
The Gulch is a once-abandoned industrial area that has undergone a major, urban revitalization in recent years. The walkable neighborhood offers murals by local artists, shops, diverse culinary offerings, breweries and more. The dual hotel will be developed on the former site of the community’s cherished Yazoo Brewing Company. The history of the site and community has impacted the design of the new hotel.
“We are very proud to strengthen our long-time partnership with Hilton and welcome this new concept to the Nashville market with the opening of the Homewood Suites by Hilton and Canopy by Hilton Nashville Downtown The Gulch,” said Matt Lew, VP of operations, Tara Investments. “Our mission of delivering uncompromised hospitality will make guests and the community feel at home the moment they walk through the door.”
The Charm of The Gulch Meets Locally Minded Design of Canopy by Hilton
Canopy Nashville The Gulch will embody the neighborhood so that guests and locals have a positively local stay. It will provide a place to relax and recharge with simple, guest-directed service, comfortable spaces, an energizing atmosphere and thoughtfully local choices. Key elements of Canopy by Hilton will include:
- Welcoming Atmosphere: Guests will be greeted by an elegant, sculptural reception desk in an area defined by brass scaffolding and metal mesh screens. The lobby will feature cold-rolled steel stairs connecting to the second-floor meeting spaces and a digital art wall in front of the entry vestibule. Throughout the hotel, the furniture will be modern and relaxed with a neutral palette of fabric and finishes.
- Stylish Guest Rooms: The guest rooms will continue the industrial motif by celebrating everyday materials with elegant detailing for a modern feel. This includes wood floors and concrete ceilings, a custom painted particle board and metal mesh bed canopy with denim and leather headboards and a barn door in reclaimed metal. Custom furniture pieces in metal and reclaimed painted wood — including a closet, minibar and desk — will also be included.
- Neighborhood-inspired Food and Beverage: The hotel will offer an authentic food and beverage experience, drawing inspiration from the community’s culture. “Common Place” on the ground floor will serve as a multi-purpose, casual and communicative space for locals to eat, drink and play throughout the day. It will offer a coffee bar, restaurant and Yazoo taproom to pay tribute to the former brewery. “Afterglow – The Rooftop Bar” will be an expansive indoor/outdoor space that delivers a modern, refined mezcal-crafted experience. With stunning views of the downtown skyline, it will provide after-work drinks, and an energetic scene during the weekend through modern Mexican flair, three outdoor terraces and an agave garden.
- Extension of Southern Hospitality: "Canopy Enthusiasts" (hotel team members) will connect guests to the best of The Gulch and can schedule a city tour or suggest a local hidden gem to explore. Guests can also grab a complimentary Canopy Bike and discover what the city has to offer.
A Comfortable Stay, Homewood Suites by Hilton Style
The dual-branded hotel's southern comfort is equally provided by Homewood Suites by Hilton. Providing home-like accommodations for guests traveling for an extended stay or quick overnight trip, the brand features value-driven amenities, such as complimentary breakfast, and services of an upscale hotel.
- Welcoming Guests with Breathtaking Views: Access to Homewood Suites by Hilton will sit beyond the Canopy by Hilton hotel’s porte-cochere along Overton Street. It will connect the Homewood Suites’ jump lobby on the ground floor where guests unload luggage. They will then ride an elevator to the 10th floor sky lobby designed as a contemporary barn with inverted pitched roofs as sculptural forms. The sky lobby will feature breathtaking city views, an enclosed garden courtyard and massive stone fireplace.
- The Comforts of Home: The spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas will be designed as a contemporary cabin with a pitched ceiling and wood-enclosed bathrooms. Each suite will also be outfitted with a custom, modern kitchenette and furniture with clean lines in neutral and calming color tones.
- An Artistic Touch of the Community: Art pieces in the public areas will feature landscapes and scenes of The Gulch and Nashville. The art pieces in the suites will be inspired by the musical connection to Nashville.
Canopy by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown The Gulch will participate in Hilton Honors, the guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s world-class portfolio of 18 distinct hotel brands which boasts nearly 128 million members. Members who book directly will have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, exclusive member discounts, free standard Wi-Fi and access to the Hilton Honors mobile app.